Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.goldenbowlerpub.co.uk.
- Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person
- Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data
- Data Subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed
- Child – a natural person under the age of 16 years of age
- We/us – The Golden Bowler
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data
The Data Subject has the following rights;
- You have the right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it’s obtained, and why and by whom it is processed.
- You have the right of access to the data collected. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- You have the right to request rectification or erasure of any Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- In certain circumstances, you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- In the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled, please contact us.
- You have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- You have the right to withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
You may contact us if you have any questions about this policy, if you would like to see a copy of the information that we hold on you, if you would like that information to be corrected or if you would like to request for it to be deleted.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your Personal Data, please contact us and we will investigate the matter.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, send a signed letter to:
The Golden Bowler
122 Stubbington Lane
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles;
- Processing is lawful, fair and transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you with information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is carried out with minimal data. We will only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data, and the integrity and confidentiality of data.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from Children. We do not target Children with our services.
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
There are many ways that information is provided to us; information that you have provided us with, information that is automatically collected about you and information that is publicly available.
Personal information may be collected on a paper or online form, by telephone, email, CCTV or by a member of our staff, or one of our partners.
You may submit your information to us for a number of reasons:
- When you phone or email to reserve a table: this may include your name, address, email, telephone number, payment details (if providing a deposit).
- When you apply for a job posting: this may include your curriculum vitae, details of qualifications and experience or any other application forms completed.
- When you visit our website or Facebook page.
Details gathered automatically from Card Processing Terminals, our website or Facebook access may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, IP address, & payment details.
We will not process special categories of personal data such as race, ethnicity, religious or political opinion.
Should you give us personal data about someone else, you are responsible for ensuring that you comply with all data protection laws. In advance of submitting any information to us you should have notified them that data is being shared and clarify how we collect, use and retain their personal information.
How We Use Your Data
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent. We undertake to design our systems in such a way as to minimise the use of personal data.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual and/or legal obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes;
- to identify you
- to process your payments
- to process the payroll system
- to meet the requirements of the contract
- to comply with regulatory requirements
On the grounds of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes;
- to request your participation in any customer research, for example when we research possible new products / features or feedback on existing products or services.
- to market new products, features or services only where you have specifically opted-in to receive marketing emails.
We do not employ automated decision making methods in relation to any of your personal data stored.
Should we intend to use your data for any other purpose, we will not do so without first obtaining your consent.
We will not use your information for purposes that are not clear when you provide your details.
How Long We Keep Your Information For
Personal Data from Data Subjects will be held and used for as long as permitted for legal, regulatory, fraud prevention and legitimate business purposes.
Your Personal Data that we use for marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
To ensure continuity and transparency in our recruitment campaigns, all applicant details will be kept for no longer than 12 months after the end of the recruitment process.
Who Else Can Access Your Personal Data
In the following circumstances, we may send your personally identifiable information to others, only if;
- We have obtained your express consent to share the information.
- We need to share your information to provide the service or product you have requested, paid or unpaid.
- Our company is subject to a take-over or merger in which case the information will be disclosed to the new owners on the understanding that they will protect the information and only use the information in substantially the same way as previously.
- We must respond to court orders and any other legitimate requests by authorities with which we must comply.
We undertake not to sell, trade, or rent any personally identifiable information to others.
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate levels of protection to your Personal Data. We will only disclose your Personal Data to public officials when we are legally obliged to do so.
Internally, we limit access to personal information about you to those Golden Bowler employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their job.
Third Party Service Providers
In providing you with the product or service you request, we may occasionally use third party companies to manage collation, processing and storage of your personal information on our behalf. These companies are carefully selected and screened to ensure maximum protection of your security and privacy and are permitted to use the information only in accordance with our instructions. Further details on these companies can be provided upon written request.
These third party providers are not permitted to further transfer your personal data nor are they permitted to use your personal data for their own business purposes.
International Data Transfers
Where possible, we only process your information within the European Economic Area (EEA). However, some of the service providers referred to above may be based outside of the EEA.
We take steps to ensure that where your information is transferred outside of the EEA to our service providers and hosting providers, appropriate measures and controls are in place to protect that information in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Cookies & Other Technologies We Use
Our website uses basic cookies and/or similar technologies to administer the website and to enhance your experience with us.
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make websites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and email in forms so that you don’t have to re-enter this information next time.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings.
Data Gathered From Payments
We use Third Party companies to process payments made using our card processing terminals. We share information with these companies only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing the payments you make.
The Golden Bowler is fully PCI compliant.
We have installed CCTV systems in our premises used by members of the public, for the purposes of public and staff safety and crime prevention and detection. CCTV is also installed on the outside of our building for the purposes of monitoring building security and crime prevention and detection.
In all locations, signs are displayed notifying you that CCTV is in operation and providing details of who to contact for further information about the scheme.
Images captured by CCTV will not be kept for longer than necessary. However, on occasions there may be a need to keep images for longer, for example where a crime is being investigated.
You have the right to see CCTV images of yourself and be provided with a copy of the images.
We will only disclose images to other authorised bodies who intend to use it for the purposes stated above. Images will not be released to the media for entertainment purposes or placed on the internet for public viewing.
We operate CCTV and disclose in accordance with the codes of practice issued by the Information Commissioner (ICO).
Security of Your Data
We take the security of your data very seriously. We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe and take technical and organisational measures to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your Personal Data. These precautions include:
- Use of encryption for sensitive data
- All access to information restricted by password and/or secure key
- Restrictions to what information can be accessed via any location
Whilst we undertake to maintain the highest possible levels of security practicable to protect data it should be realised that no data transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and there is always some risk of unauthorised access. Even though we try our best, we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights of interest. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breach occur.
Last updated 25th May 2018