The Golden Bowler in Stubbington is one of the last traditional independent pubs in the area, owned and operated by our family for 40 years. Relax in our Lounge Bar, a comfortable place to enjoy a glass of wine or one of our many gins, or dine in our informal Restaurant with its cosy, pleasant atmosphere.  A haven for locals and visitors alike.

A little history of The Golden Bowler…

Built around 1920 as a private residence by local land owner Isaac Hammond, “Hillingdon House” travelled through various guises of residency under the Hammond ownership until 1966, when it was bought and converted to a private members club by Ron & Renee Clift and named “The Golden Bowler” after Ron’s retirement fund from the RAF.  Another change in the mid 1970’s saw it become a Pub & Restaurant and in 1980 the pub was sold to Noel & Mary Pearce and partners. The pub remains in the family, with daughter Georgie & son-in-law Kevin at the helm since 2005.